2022-06-01 BREAKING NEWS – Team Construction: proud to announce that Professor Giuseppe Castellano agreed to be part of the Scientific Advisory Board of IRIDEA
- Chief of Nephrology, Dialysis and Renal Transplant Unit
- Associate professor of Nephrology
- Department of Clinical Sciences and Community Health
- University of Milan Fondazione IRCCS Cà Granda Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico Milano Italy
2022-05-20 Experimental drug product ready for the next pharmacodynamic study!
2022-05-13 dose-dependent pharmacology studies completed: We have completed pharmacology studies in rats at three dose levels. One of our lead compounds shows by subcutaneous injection a rapid absorption into the blood stream in about half hour (maximum blood concentration) and a slow elimination from the blood stream with a half-life of about 3 hours. A linear dose dependent behavior of pharmacokinetic parameters is also observed. The AUC0-inf is 1h mg/L per unit dose, indicative of a good body exposition to the drug.
In the dose range 20-60 mg/kg, no adverse event was observed. This concentration is much above the expected therapeutic dose
(6 mg/kg), indicating a wide therapeutic window when administering our lead compound by subcutaneous injection.
2022-05-09 Comparative pharmacology studies completed: we have completed the comparative pharmacology studies in rats. One of our lead compounds shows a bioavailability of 86% by subcutaneous injection. The half-life is of about 3 hours and a there is a very good drug exposition by this administration root.
The subcutaneous injection is a very simple and comfortable administration root that could also be performed at home without the need of hospitalization or nursing. Automatic autoinjectors would further help the drug administration.
2022-03-22 New operational headquarter: IRIDEA is going to move to the Centro Servizi Metrologici e Tecnologici Avanzati (CeSMA) at University Federico II (Naples)
2021-06-17 – Team construction: proud to announce that Gerardo Pietropaolo – accountant and auditor, tax and labor consultant – agreed to be part of the Team of Iridea. He will be responsible for bookkeepping and accounting
- Gerardo is M.S. in Economics, University of Naples “Federico II – Italy
- Accountant and Auditor, tax and labor consultant since 1999
- Consultant of the “Bioteknet Regional Center of Competence”
- Consultant of “Molecular Diagnostics and Pharmaceuticals Consortium”
- Consultant of the “Technological District Campania Bioscience”
- Consultant of the “Meditech Consortium – Mediterranean Competence Centre 4 Innovation”
2021-06-01 – Team construction: proud to announce that Isabel Cabruja – 30 years work experience in Clinical Diagnostics, Analytical Chemistry, Business Development, Market Research, Market Trends, Life Sciences, Product Development and Positioning, Research and Development and Technology Transfer – agreed to be part of the Team of Iridea. She will be responsible for the business development activities of Iridea
- Isabel is BS in Sciences
- Specialized in Infectious Diseases
- Expertise in diagnostics of Newborn screening disorders.
- 30 years experience in Clinical Diagnostics, Analytical Chemistry, Business Development, Market Research, Market Trends, Life Sciences, Product Development and Positioning, Research and Development and Technology Transfer
2021-05-19 – Team construction: proud to announce that Giovanni Castaldo – Managing Director at Citi – agreed to be part of the board of Iridea
- Giovanni is Managing Director at Citi, within the Italian Financial Institution Group in Milan, having joined the bank in 2011
- In 2019 Giovanni has been appointed Head of Italy M&A
- Previously, Giovanni has been part of the FIG teams of Banca Leonardo, Vitale & Associati and Deutsche Bank
- He has graduated cum laude in Business and Economics at Bocconi University, Milan